Hey! It’s party snack time!
And that means it’s time for my homemade Chex party mix recipe!
While we kick back and watch collegiate and professional football games on television, my family likes to nibble. I make an easy, homemade Chex party mix, pop into bowls and it gets nibbled up… fast!
It is so crazy, easy to make. The hardest part of it is… what am I saying? There isn’t anything hard about making homemade Chex party mix and it tastes soooo much better than the store-bought-in-a-bag kind.
Trust me! You’ll love it more. And you’re party family and friends will thank you!
- 3 cups corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups wheat Chex cereal
- 2 cups Cheerios cereal
- 3 cups pretzel sticks or
- 2 cups of peanuts
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Lawry's seasoned salt
- 6 + / - dashes (to your taste) of hot sauce (like Tabasco)
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Mix all the cereal, nuts and pretzels in a big bowl.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in the melted butter.
- Pour the melted butter over the cereal / nuts / pretzel mixture.
- Stir it until the cereal / nuts / pretzel mixture is coated with the butter mix.
- Dump everything onto 2 (18" x 13") baking sheets with rims.
- Put in the oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes.