Welcome! I’m Michele and I’m so happy you’re here.
I’m married to Mr. Rosey and we have two Girlies – Big Sis M and Little Miss C. They are the jewels in our life and keep us on our toes. We are suburban Chicagoland folks; however, it feels like the country because our home backs up to the forest preserve and pond. Yes, we see lots of mother nature – birds, deer, coyotes, rabbits, turtles, raccoons. (Whoa a hawk just flew by as I was typing this – seriously beautiful!)
I am blessedly imperfect and always working towards perfection. It’s my achilles heel. I always try to be the best wife, mom, and me and need gentle reminding that “good enough” is good. Yep, good enough is good. There’s the reminder. On this journey, I am looking for grace and the goodness in life each day.
Some things bring a smile to my soul::
- birds chirping on a spring morning (goodbye winter)
- a long chat with a friend
- a chippy chest of drawers
- the nonstop Girlie chatter on the ride home from school
- college football (Boiler Up and M Go Blue!)
- curling up with a good book
- big hydrangea blooms
- the hoots and hollers when Mr. Rosey walks in the door at dinnertime
- my grandma’s blueberry muffins hot from the oven
Oh yes, I get choked up seeing true happy stories on television. Really I do.
At Our Rosey Life, I share my passion for all things at home – pretty décor, fun family stuff, yummy food, and creative anything.
- I love making our house our home. It’s where I work and play everyday. One of my favorite things is creating a cozy space. Cozy is good (especially with a cup of hot cocoa and a good book).
- I love to cook and bake. Sitting down to a delicious meal with family and friends and laughter is the best. Won’t you grab a plate and join us?
- I love anything handmade. I’m inspired to work something simple into something beautiful, to give new life to something old and to just make pretty stuff. I hope you’re inspired too.
- I love to record the events of our life through journalling, pictures and storytelling. I want to remember and share the everyday, simple things that make our life rosey (and sometimes not so rosey).
- I love to read books and my secret wish… shhhh…. is to maybe, hopefully, someday write a book. Remember it’s our secret.
So come along and let’s share all kinds of goodness. Let’s laugh. Let’s be inspired. Let’s rejoice. Let’s live a rosey life. Let’s do it together. I’m so glad you’re here!
Here’s some more Rosey scoop you might like:
- A handmade invitation:: My Niece’s Engagement Party Invitation
- A picture to inspire you today:: Click, Inspire, Smile
- Things I want our Girlies to know if I wasn’t here to tell them:: 31 Life Lessons
- How to set a classic Christmas table:: Easy and pretty and festive
- Super duper critical marriage advice:: The Funny Adventures of Tuna Noodle Casserole